TACSYSTEM Refinish Ultra
Theory of REFINISH ULTRA:
Polishing compounds have been developed over the years in order to achieve low operation time and increase performance. As illustrated in diagram 1, polishing compounds have developed its way from 1st generation to the 4thgeneration at present.
The particles of the 1st generation compound have been developed in irregular shape, but it was easily broken during paint correction, consequently it has caused micro damages to the paint surface. The size of the particle in 1stgeneration varied between 70~20µm. Detailers required to work on each panel step by step, in what we now call “the traditional polishing style”, from aggressive and move on to fine which may involved three to four stages and consists of a few bottles of compounds. However, detailers may still face swirl marks on the surface.
From the issue encountered with 1st generation, manufacturers have then developed the 2nd generation compound in order to prevent the abrasive damaging the paintwork during break down. The 2nd generation compound adopted an octagon shape, which varied between 20 to 2µm. The polishing time and measures were still the same as the 1st generation, but swirl marks were not created easily during paint correction.
Both 1st and 2nd generation polishing compounds were oil-based. When most of the manufacturers were still producing 2nd generation compounds, TACSYSTEM has begun to evolve the development of the 3rd generation compound, water-based; The Refinish Series, R1 R2 and R3. These compounds are in the shape of a tetrahedron, from two dimensions will appear a shape of a triangle. This innovative design creates a much stronger cutting force then the past generations of the polishing compound. The cutting force of the Refinish series decreases when water dries out during the polishing progress. Refinish series consists of resins, which will wrap around the particles when the water dries out, thus there will not be any marring caused to the surface. The work time and performance of Refinish series as shown in diagram 2. The progress of paint correction still consists from two to three stages with this generation, but outcome were remarkable shinny and time consumption during paint correction were reduced significantly.
In 2015, TACSYSTEM has instigated an upgrade to our Refinish Series, we have formed yet another revolution to the polishing compound, Refinish Ultra, patented in Korea. It is developed in the shape of a half-moon, which is only 2.2µm in size, and it has a unique aggressive cutting force, yet it allows extreme high gloss in the finishing step. With such size of particles, it can prevent swirl marks creating during the polishing stages and at the same time increases the shininess of the surface.
Why the particles are half-moon shape?
Refinish Ultra has applied patents in Korea. The alumina particles of this product are round and irregular shape. These alumina particles were gradually heated to a very high temperature. Then put them in a very low temperature. The alumina particles have contracted instantly, therefore they have break into pieces. And the fractured parts have severe angles, such as new moon and half-moon shape.
2. Removes severe defects ie. Water spots, bird etchings, swirl marks
3. Has a faster work time & higher performance
4. Provides long lasting deep gloss
5. Less dust and easily removal of residue
6. Ideal for all types of paintwork
7. Free of silicone and toxic solvents
8. Highly efficient with excellent lapping force & finishing
2. Use products with a foam/wool-buffing pad. Used pads may contain contaminants that can scratch the surface.
4. For Rotary strength, best with 2,000-2,500 rpm until abrasive starts to dry.
– Eye contact: rinse eyes with large amounts of water, and seek medical advice if symptoms persist.-
– Skin contact: Wash affected area with soap and rinse.
– If Swallowed, consult a doctor immediately and show product container and label. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed by medical personnel.
– If inhaled; breathe fresh air and get medical attention if symptoms persist.